Lakeview Elementary PTO Goals
The goal of the PTO is to enhance and support the educational experience at Lakeview Elementary school, to develop a closer connection between school and home by encouraging parent involvement, and to improve the school through volunteer and financial support. The PTO will partner with school administration and staff, understand and focus on Lakeview’s strategic plan, and deliver on the needs of the school.
Each year, the PTO Board, in cooperation with the Lakeview administration, has many wonderful events and fundraisers planned for this school year – as well as a few surprises. We understand you might not be able to participate in every fundraiser or volunteer to work every event, but any time and effort you can give to help support our children and our school is greatly appreciated.
The Lakeview Elementary PTO is proud to be one of the best PTO’s in the state, and we couldn’t do it without your help. Keep an eye out for any volunteer opportunities you see in the newsletters or that may come home with your children. There are many options to choose from, and any assistance you can give helps our school and our children.
The PTO has discussed with administration the possible purchase of interactive projectors for grade 3-5 classrooms that do not currently have a smart board and another set of Chromebooks with cart. (Increased Technology Strategy)
- Math – In addition to the 2 family math nights we currently host, we are going to add a Publix math night. (Parent Night Strategy)
- Physical Education – Support Field Day and Marathon.
- Reading – Support AR system, 4 AR Bookstores, 3rd Grade AR Sleepover, 4th Grade AR Lock In. Continue to monitor computer lab to give students additional opportunities to use AR system before and after school.
- Science – Adding a family science night. (Parent Night Strategy)
- Teachers – Support professional development.